Monday, July 7, 2014

Hawaiian Sliders

Football season is right around the corner, and I'm so excited! Last year was the first season Hubby and I couldn't watch every single Packer game on t.v. It was heartbreaking...mainly for me, I love me some Aaron Rodgers. Whenever the Packer's were on we either went to a bar, spending way too much money on drinks and food, or we stayed home. If we stay in, I go all out. I throw our own little Packer party. In other words, I make a ton of food for two people to snack on for three hours.

This year, I'm getting ahead of the game (no pun intended) and testing out new recipes for our game days.  First on the list are these Hawaiian Sliders.  I first got the idea from the Hawaiian Meatballs I make for game days.  It's also is the perfect excuse to use the leftover ham from the Dr. Pepper Glazed Ham I made for the Fourth of July.

If I were making this for Hubby, one ingredient I would change about this recipe is the big pineapple ring.  I personally enjoyed the taste of the sandwich with the pineapple on it. But, the entire time I was enjoying it I could hear Hubby in the back of my head saying "Ewwwww pineapple!" When I make this recipe again I would disguise the pineapple taste and make the sauce of the Hawaiian Meatballs to spread over the ham before adding the cheese.

Enjoy!


Ingredients
Kings Hawaiian Savory Butter Rolls
Dr. Pepper Glazed Ham-any ham will do
Provolone Cheese Slices
Pineapple Rings

Directions
Heat the rolls according to package directions.

On a microwave safe plate heat leftover ham thoroughly. Once the ham and rolls have been heated through, start assembling the sliders. Ham, cheese, pineapple. Stick a toothpick through the middle of the sandwich.

Place in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt the cheese if needed.  

Enjoy! 






No comments:

Post a Comment