Sunday, June 8, 2014

Tis' the Season for Farmer's Markets!

For lunch the other day I got a little creative with the vegetables I picked up. Normally I would make this recipe with just the vegetables but I'm trying to add extra protein to my diet each day, so that's why I added the chicken.  Have fun with the recipe and the vegetables--I'm sure any veggies you choose will taste wonderfully.


Ingredients
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 zucchini, chopped and halved
1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
corn off 1 cob
1 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 tablespoon parsley
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Roughly dice the chicken breast and season with salt and pepper to taste.

In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until fully cooked and lightly browned. Remove from skillet.

Reduce heat to medium-low and transfer zucchini to the same skillet. Cook for 3-5 minutes stirring occasionally to scrap up all the brown bits off the bottom.

Next, add the corn and cook for one minute to heat. Then add the tomatoes, chicken and parsley. Stir to combine. 

Turn off the heat, and let the skillet rest for 1-2 minutes.  This allows the tomatoes to warm without becoming mushy. 


***Double the recipe if you are using it for dinner***


No comments:

Post a Comment