Saturday, June 7, 2014

S'mores Granola Bites

Tonight is movie night in our house. I'm not sure if Hubby will be joining me, but I will be watching The Da Vinci Code---such a great movie! To go with movie night I decided to make a dessert to enjoy.

I will be snacking on these S'mores Granola Bites I made this afternoon. Wait until you see the secret ingredient that makes these so yummy!

For Valentine's Day this year, Hubby bought me a food processor. Today, was the very first time I used it! How sad is that!? As much as I cook and bake, you'd think I would find a use for it before now.  Don't worry, you do not need a food processor to make these. A rolling pin, or your fingers will do just fine!



Ingredients 
1 sleeve graham crackers
1/2 cup granola (I used Nature Valley's Oats and Honey)
1/2 cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal (yup, that's the secret ingredient!)
1-1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons cream (milk will do if you don't have cream)
12 marshmallows

Directions
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or tin foil.

Put the chocolate and cream in a heat-safe glass bowl and set it over a pot filled with an inch of water. Place the pot over medium-low heat and gently stir the chocolate until melted.

In a food processor or a large zip lock bag, mix the graham crackers, granola and cereal. Crush until they become small bits. Transfer to a shallow bowl.

Using two forks, dip the marshmallows one at a time into the melted chocolate, letting excess chocolate drip off. Roll in the granola mixture to coat, then transfer to the prepared baking sheet.

Refrigerate on the baking sheet until the chocolate is set.  Roughly 10 to 15 minutes.  Store in an air tight container. Keep in the refrigerator until serving time.







No comments:

Post a Comment