Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Homemade Iced Coffee

We all have our morning routines. Mine consists of...drinking coffee. Coffee has been my need ever since I started beauty school. 7am-5pm Monday thru Friday.  Yeah...7am...it was a rough year. Since then, I can barely get through a day without it. I'm definetly my father's daughter. That man can drink a whole pot of coffee by 9am! 

During beauty school I fell in LOVE with iced coffee drinks at Starbucks. Back then, I didn't care what I spent my money on. Now that I'm married, we had to cut corners somewhere, so Starbucks had to come off the budget.  

Then, International Delight came out with their own iced coffee, all in my favorite flavors. That started adding up also, so it came off the grocery list. It wasn't worth the $8 a week for two cartons.

Lately, I've been missing my iced coffee in the mornings.  I could drink it all day if I could. It's so refreshing! The other afternoon, I got creative with my coffee. The whole morning went by without a sip, and I was starting to feel very, very sleepy.  I roughly had the jist of what went into making iced coffee, so I gave it a try. This recipe is being sipped on as we speak. Well..as I speak...type?

Enjoy!!



Ingredients
6 cups double strength coffee
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup coffee creamer, or half and half if you prefer. (I used Caramel Macchiato coffee creamer...yum!)

Directions
Chill the brewed coffee overnight in the refrigerator. In the morning, add in milk and coffee creamer. Give it a good stir. Add ice, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment