Thursday, June 12, 2014

DIY Rag Rug

I recently did some spring cleaning in our closet and the bags of clothes have been sitting in the spare bedroom for about a month now.  I've seen people turn their old clothes into new useful items, and thought, why can't I do the same? Our entry way has been so plain and boring since we've moved. The shoes bring in so much dirt from outside, that I'm always cleaning the floors where we put them.  We have one rug there right now, but it isn't enough. So I'm turning my old T-Shirts into a new rag rug by crocheting them together. It's going to add the pop of color that I've been wanting, and hopefully help with all that dirt!



How To
Take your old T-Shirts and cut them into strips.  The strips should be 1/2" to 1" in width. Once all the strips have been cut, tie them together. To opt out of tieing them all together and to save time; cut the strips, but leave one inch at the end and cut back in the opposite direction. Begin crocheting just like you would start a blanket.
If you don't know how to crochet, don't worry. You can knit or even weave the rug. 
In this project I tied the pieces together, and did a single stitch crochet with a 6.00mm hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment