Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Hungry Girl's-Stuffed Cabbage-Put to the Test

I have been on a healthy eating kick for quite sometime now. I'm down five pounds, which I'm very happy about.  This past week I decided to try something I've never made before, stuffed cabbage.  Food Network aired a Hungry Girl episode that featured Floosh's Stuffed Cabbage, which I thought would be extremely easy and delicious. It had ingredients that I like, so why not give it a try.

First of all, the recipe was fairly easy to make. Time consuming, but easy.  When it came to eating it, I was not a fan.  Anyone who knows me well, I don't like weird textures. At all!! Just by looking at the finished product, I knew I was not going to like it. It had to be one of the worst ones I've had in awhile.

Don't get me wrong, the flavors were very tasty, but the moment I started to chew it, I wanted to gag. I didn't even finish my first bite, and I threw the rest of the food away. Hubby wouldn't dare come near it.

If I were to make this recipe again I would try something different with the sauce.  The marinara sauce practically reduced down to water.  There were only a few chunks left of actual tomato, that you see in the picture.  I would also cook the ground turkey first before making the cabbage rolls.  That may help with the mushy texture that was in my mouth.







For the full recipe of Floosh's Stuffed Cabbage and to try it for yourself, please visit Hungry Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment