Friday, May 16, 2014

Bean and Cheese Quesadillas

Last weekend, I decided to take a different approach to the quesadilla than I normally do. It was a bold move on my part. 

Beans are something I would never add to a meal if I wanted Hubby to eat it.  But I did it, and he LOVED it!

This recipe was so easy and inexpensive, I'm adding it to my go to meals. 



Ingredients Serves (5-10 people)
1 package of 6 or 8 inch flour tortillas 
1 (14oz) can refried beans
1/2 cup salsa or picante sauce
1 cup shredded monterrey jack cheese. 

Directions
Heat oven to 400 degrees F.  In a bowl, combine refried beans and salsa/picante sauce.

Lay tortillas on to a baking sheet. Spread 1/8 cup on to each tortilla and sprinkle with cheese.  Place another tortilla over the cheese and press down gently.  Spray the tops with cooking spray or brush with water.  

Bake in the oven to 10-15 minutes, or until the center is hot and cheese is melted. 

Let stand 3-5 minutes before cutting into triangles.  

Serve with salsa, guacamole and sour cream for dipping. (Optional)



No comments:

Post a Comment