Saturday, May 10, 2014

Apple Granola Crumble

This past week I picked up a bag of granola so Hubby and I could start adding it to our yogurts in the morning.  I never thought I would get addicted! Even Hubby mentioned how good it is (score!).  Anything I can do to get more protein (10 grams per serving!) into our diets, I'm for it.  Now, I'm finding myself wanting to put it on anything and everything! I came across this recipe on Pinterest and decided to try it.

The original recipe called for 6 hours of cooking time in the slow cooker.  Mine was done in 3-4 hours. It is a delicious and a wonderful healthy treat to snack on!


Ingredients 
2 Granny Smith Apples
1 cup granola
1 tablespoon butter
1/8 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

Directions
Peel, core and dice both of the apples.  Place inside of a slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients and stir. Cook for 3-4 hours.

Once the apples have softened, place the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with tin foil.  Let cool completely before enjoying.

This recipe can be stored in an air tight container up to 3 days, in the refrigerator.

Recipe adapted from VEGAN IN THE FREEZER

No comments:

Post a Comment