Thursday, April 3, 2014

Broccoli Salad

Back when I was the Food Director for an assisted living facility, I had a recipe for a broccoli salad very similar to this one. Extremely similar- I made the dressing exactly the same. The only difference is, I added golden raisins to the mix.
I'm so happy I found this recipe on Pinterest, because I have been looking for that recipe for years. It was always a big hit, and I can't wait to make it a hit again this summer!

Recipe and photo provided by Key Ingredient


Ingredients
1.5 bunch broccoli, cut into small pieces 
1/2 lb bacon, cooked and cubed
1/2 red onion, sliced
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

Dressing
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoon vinegar 
1/4 cup sugar

Directions 
Mix all the salad ingredients together in a large bowl.

In a small bowl, combine the dressing and pour over the salad and stir. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or up to over night for best results.


For more great recipes like this one please visit Key Ingredient     


No comments:

Post a Comment