Monday, March 31, 2014

Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love making these when I need a chocolate-y fix for my week. And that day is today! The cookie to compare this recipe to is, Subway's chocolate chip cookies.  But...mine is better. =)

I've used these cookies for toppings on sundaes, as part of my christmas cookie gifts and have made ice cream sandwiches out of them.  Well..custard sandwiches. We don't eat ice cream in my house, just custard...Culver's custard! Yum!

Enjoy my little taste of heaven!


Ingredients 
2 -1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda.

With an electric mixer combine-butter with both sugars, beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.  Reduce speed to low; add salt, vanilla and eggs.  Beat until well mixed. Add flour mixture and mix until combined.  Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop heaping tablespoons sized balls of dough, 2 inches apart, on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.

Bake 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden around the edges.


No comments:

Post a Comment