Friday, March 28, 2014

Cinnamon Apple Chips

Lately, I have been on a cinnamon kick.  I feel like I could put cinnamon on anything and it would taste fabulous. Apple Chips have been floating around Pinterest for awhile now, and I finally decided to try making my own, just to see what they would taste like.  They are flipping delicious! I definitely had to have some patience while making these, they do take some time, but your house smells like fall the entire time. 
Tonight, I'll be dipping these into a caramel sauce for a tasty little treat. 
Enjoy your new favorite chip! 


Ingredients 
2 apples
3 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons sugar

Directions
Preheat oven to 220 degrees.

With a mandolin thinly slice apples and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Arrange them so they are spread out to one layer.

Mix together cinnamon and sugar.  Sprinkle over both sides of the apples.

Bake for 1 hour, then carefully flip the chips. Return to the oven and continue to bake for 1 more hour.

Turn oven off and let the apples sit in there for 2-4 hours. (Keep them in the oven the full 4 hours if you want a crispy chip)

Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days.


2 comments:

  1. oh wow! These look wonderful I may have to give them a go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should =) They're very tasty!

      Delete