Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Chicken Broccoli Fried Rice

For the past few weeks I have been craving Chinese food.  Since moving here I have yet to find a Chinese restaurant that I can trust is clean, and has excellent food; my requirements for all restaurants. Since I'm not ready to face my fears of possible food poisoning from a restaurant I've never tried, I'll stick with making my own chicken fried rice. This is a recipe I've been using for years. It is simple and basic, with no fancy ingredients.


Serves 4-6 people

Ingredients
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite sized pieces
1-1/2 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed
1 cup frozen carrots, thawed
1 medium onion, diced or chopped
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 eggs
2 cups white rice, cooked
soy sauce to taste


Directions
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Saute onion and garlic until onion is translucent.

Add in carrots and broccoli and stir until they are tender, but still crisp. 

Add both eggs to the skillet and scramble.

When the eggs are done, add the chicken and rice to the skillet, stir to combine. 

Stir in soy sauce to your tasting. (I put in 6-8 dashes, Hubby always puts more in his)



No comments:

Post a Comment