Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Upcycle Your Empty Wine Bottles

I spent my morning upcycling again. This time I used empty wine bottles. They are great to use for centerpieces in a DIY wedding, a decorative piece in your home, or a housewarming gift for first time home buyers.

DIY Shabby Chic Wine Bottle
Supplies you will need...
Twine
Modge Podge
Sponge or paint brush
Lace ribbon
Flowers (found in paper crafting aisle) 
Hot Glue Gun

Directions
Remove all the labels, rinse out and allow to dry overnight. 
Starting at the top of the wine bottle apply a thin coat of modge podge. Take the twine and start wrapping it tightly around the bottle, pushing each layer into the last; you want to cover all of the glass. The glue will dry fast so work quickly. Apply more modge podge if its needed. 
Once the modge podge has dried, use the glue gun to apply any embellishments you would like. 

For instructions on how to upcycle an old can
like the one in the picture 
please visit DIY Shabby Chic Can

More pictures of the finished product









6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love them :)
    Thank you for the tutorial !!!!
    Marisa from http://passionetcouture.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm glad you like them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I write here to let you know that I received your messages, I'm glad you have enjoyed my projects. You show up in my messages as non-reply blogger. This happens often when we have associated our blogger account and Google. I'll give a link to a blog I follow that explains how to solve the problem, this is the link: http://www.flusterbuster.com/2013/02/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html
      Have a nice day, Marisa :)

      Delete
    2. Marisa, am I still showing up as a no-reply blogger? I did the tutorial you had sent me, and I'm not sure if it worked?

      Delete
  3. Thank you! I had no idea! I will change that asap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bottles but was wanting to know where you got the twine.

    ReplyDelete