Friday, February 21, 2014

Spring is in the air!

After this week I'm almost positive spring has arrived here in Florida. The heat and humidity are back, and it feels almost as miserable as the summers here. Hubby and I were out and about shopping yesterday and our car thermometer was reading that it was 89 degrees out.  Yuck! Today, our dog didn't even want to go for his walk, it was that humid. But with the spring weather in the air, I'm in the mood to start decorating the house for it. This weekend I'm bringing out all the bright colors; flowers, rugs, towels, decor, the new wreath for the door :), etc.
Fresh flower arrangements are always a great way to add a pop of color to a plain room. Plus, they make the house smell great! But, if you have a cat like we do, it can be a pain in the butt to keep them looking nice. Most of the time I have to resort to silk flowers from Hobby Lobby.
Tonight, I came across this idea for a new arrangement for our kitchen table.  It's called a Lemonade Arrangement.  Get it?! I'm sure I could pull this off with silk flowers.  Having fresh Lilacs would be great, though.  They are my favorite spring flower, next to Lily's. Oh, and daffodils. Heck, I love all spring flowers! Mainly because they mean winter is finally over!


No comments:

Post a Comment