Friday, February 28, 2014

One Dish Maple Dijon Baked Chicken Legs with Potatoes

One dish dinners are my favorite dinners to make.  I used to never cook chicken legs, mainly because I never knew what to marinate them in and could never find a recipe my Hubby and I both liked. But, I finally found one and gave it a try. Maple Dijon Baked Chicken Legs with Potatoes is absolutely delicious and so easy to make! Even my Hubby could do it, that is, if he had to. It makes the entire house smell divine when it's baking away in the oven. This is one of my favorite dinners to make when I don't want to make a big fuss over dinner. Plus, the ingredients are so simple, I always know I will have the ingredients in my pantry. It is seriously the perfect recipe for busy on the go families.

Maple Dijon Baked Chicken Legs with Potatoes
Photo and recipe come from Food Family Finds

Ingredients
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
4 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
1/8 teaspoon ground oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped (I use dried parsley)
4 chicken legs
1 pound red-skinned potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
pinch of salt and black pepper

Directions
In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, syrup, olive oil, oregano, pepper, salt and parsley until combined.

Add the chicken legs and marinade to a 1 gallon Ziplock bag, close and toss to coat.  Refrigerate for at least one hour or up to 24 hours. (Or until you come home from work and school)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Line a casserole dish with non-stick foil.

In a bowl, toss potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper.

Add potatoes to the foil lined baking dish.  Place chicken legs over the potatoes, spaced evenly. 

Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.

Turn broiler on and broil for up to 5 minutes, just until skin browns. (Do not look away)



No comments:

Post a Comment