Friday, February 28, 2014

Insanely Easy Chocolate Covered Pretzels

I spent most of yesterday cleaning and doing laundry, but I still managed to get some baking done. Well, I guess you can't consider this baking, since there is no oven or fancy tools required.
I was looking for something sweet and salty to snack on and I created just that. These chocolate covered pretzels can be made for any occasion.  I obviously made these as another recipe we can all use at our Easter dessert table, or goodies to put in the kids Easter Baskets. I have yet to find Easter sprinkles in the grocery stores here, so I resorted to rainbow color, again. This recipe would also be great if you're having a St. Patrick's Day party! Just tint all the chocolate green and decorate with festive sprinkles.  


Insanely Easy Chocolate Covered Pretzels

Ingredients
4 squares of Almond Bark (vanilla flavored white chocolate)
1 tablespoon shortening
Food colouring 
Pretzels
Festive decorations

Directions
In a medium sized glass bowl, melt the Almond Bark and shortening in the microwave. I usually do 30 second increments, so I don't over melt the chocolate - you do not want that. In the meantime, line baking sheets with parchment paper or tin foil. After all the chocolate has melted, divide into small ramekins or bowls - I used three since I used three colors, then tint the chocolate to the colors you want to use. Dip each pretzel into the chocolate until it is fully coated. Lay the pretzels flat onto the prepared baking sheets and decorate with sprinkles. Once all the pretzels have been dipped and decorated, place the baking sheets in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.  



No comments:

Post a Comment