Thursday, January 16, 2014

When Life Hands You Lemons...Detox!

Resolution season has arrived and gone for many of us. Whether it be spending more time with family, being more organized, take a vacation, save more money, or lose weight; there's something out there being improved on. For me, it's to step out of my comfort zone, which included beginning my own blog. And with it being resolution season new trends are popping up. I'm starting to hear about people drinking warm lemon water. I'm not sure how long this has be around for or 'trending' but I thought to myself..why in the world would anyone want to drink warm lemon water?! The more I read about it, the more I understood. There are so many benefits that come from drinking it, especially before you start your day. Lemons have a reputation of having strong antiviral, antibacterial, and immune boosting properties along with many other benefits.



Some of these benefits include...
  • relief from digestive issues (bloating and inflammation)
  • boots your Vitamin C intake to support your immune system (perfect for flu season)
  • hydrates your skin
  • improves your liver function (increases bile production) this cleanses your system of toxins
  • the citric acid in the lemon aids in detoxification 
  • balances your pH levels
  • hydrates the body and improves the lymphatic system (aids as a mood stabilizer and increases energy levels)
  • reduces hunger and cravings that can lead to potential weight loss (who wouldn't want that!)
For a full list of benefits please visit

Here is the recipe to start detoxing today

1/4 cup warm water
Juice of a lemon wedge
2 days of hot pepper sauce (contains capsaicin which aids in blood flow and certain enzymes responsible for detoxing your liver)  

Next time I head to the grocery store, I'm picking up some lemons and giving this a try! 






Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment