Friday, January 10, 2014

Lasagna Toss!

It's Friday night, finally! After a long work week who wants to go grocery shopping for groceries? I know I wouldn't want to.  I would want to get home, pour myself a glass of wine and put my feet up!   Mmm...wine. 

Lasagna Toss, also known as Lasagna Skillet in my house is a meal I came up with back in Wisconsin after Hubby and I just got married...and basically we were poor. We had a new business to pay for, move 2,000 miles across the country, and did I mention we just got hitched?! So money was TIGHT. 

All night at work I was craving lasagna, it was all I could think of. I knew I didn't have all the ingredients to make it, or the money to buy them. So I improvised on what I had...




My kitchen is always stocked with noodles of some sort, pasta sauce and other ingredients that we'll get to in a different post. 

I've changed this recipe a few times now and tonight I'll have to admit, wasn't the best. I normally don't use a Four Cheese Pasta Sauce, I always use/buy Traditional. Four Cheese is what I had in the pantry.  Remember, sometimes you just have to use what you have. As my Dad would always say, no use in spending more money. It's a waste! 

Ingredients 

1 pound ground beef
1-2 green peppers, diced and seeded 
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
1-2/3 cups water 
1/4 cup Italian Dressing (zesty, traditional, whatever your taste buds desire)
12 oven ready lasagna noodles broken up into chunks
      (or 1-1/2 cup of the noodle of your liking)
1 cup mozzarella cheese

Instructions

Brown ground beef in a large saucepan and drain 

Stir in peppers, garlic, spaghetti sauce, water, and dressing.  Bring to a boil. Stir in noodles, reduce heat to medium low, cover, still stirring occasionally.  About 10 minutes, or until noodles are cooked through.

Remove from heat, sprinkle with cheese and cover until the cheese has melted. Pour yourself a glass of wine, put your feet up and...

Enjoy!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment