Thursday, January 30, 2014

It's a Wisconsin Thing

I moved to sunny Flordia to soak up the sun and enjoy everything about living in a warmer climate. I however, did not sign up for the rainy, and muggy weather we are having right now. Normally at this time of the day I'm outside.  Enjoying the peace and quiet that our complex has taken over after everyone has left for school and work.  Instead, I'm sitting in my favorite chair, trying to tune out the remodeling of the upstairs apartment. It's not working...

Tomorrow we will have more family here to visit us for a few days.  We are so excited.  I'm sure they can't wait to get away from the blizzard conditions the Polar Vortex has forced onto them last week.

Hubby and I will be on our way to our hometown in Wisconsin very soon (for business). Every time I think about it, I want to jump up and down from pure excitement.  Even though we will be doing buisness-y things, we are still extremely excited to see our family.  We haven't been home since we moved, so the cold weather will definitely be a shell shock to us.  I don't care though. I can't wait to feel the cold air again, complain about it, play in snow, wear scarfs, mittens and boots, chatter my teeth, see my breath when I breathe. Everything about it.  I may even try to get a Wisconsin Fish Fry while we are there. It's a Wisconsin thing.  If you have the pleasure of being from Wisconsin, you know exactly what I'm talking about!

On that note, I better find something productive to do indoors...

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment